Tuesday 14 November 2023

Just when you thought it was safe to go back onto eBay.

 


Several posts ago I said I didn't need anymore 54mm figures , then I happened to notice the above figures on a 'Buy it now' option on eBay , they were about £24 ! , I couldn't resist and immediately bought them ! . I think that the low price and 'But it now' option was because the seller was not generaly a Toy Soldier dealer and just wanted a quick sale .


I had never seen the classic Britains Lifeguard figure with a lance before and assumed it was a modern conversion .


I asked for more information on the 'William Britains Toy Soldier Collector' Facebook group and was told they where part of the above set 'Musical Ride Household Cavalry' issued between 1954 - 1963. I'm rather pleased with them but will need to add bases to them if they are to take place in tabletop battles .


I came across this quotation which is perhaps a bit to close for comfort for myself ..........







13 comments:

  1. What an unbelievable bargain Tony! Lucky you, you found that one at the right time before someone else pounced on it! I love the quote too, so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grab! Any interest in a mounted Lifeguard band?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "O, reason not the need!" (King Lear--and we happy few who succumb to "buy it now" temptations).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have managed to obtain a great collection of Classic Cavalry here Tony - very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there greetings, that is a wonderful purchase well done. They look beautiful. Quinn

    ReplyDelete