Wednesday 22 November 2023

I've been to see Napoleon on the silver screen .

 


Well I took myself to the cinema to see the latest film - Mrs 'K' said it was not her sort of thing so I went alone and took advantage of my Pensioner status at the box office.


A clumsy attenpt at a selfie - I lack the dextterity and have short arms for this sort of thing - note the tub of popcorn a must have on a visit to the cinema and of course almost eaten before the film starts as usual.


The film starts - I must say I enjoyed it - it's NOT Waterloo ! as a lot of people are unfairly comparing it I think. Very moodily lit and the settings looked right , I didn't start button counting when it came to the uniforms and the battle scenes where a bit 'rugby scrumish' I'm afraid but overall it was a great period piece and I would watch it again . 


A contemporary view of Napoleon - I would say it was a brave attempt at a massive subject which  was always going to be a bit crammed onto the silver screen .8/10 I think .







4 comments:

  1. I probably won't be seeing the movie on the big screen- I've seen the advertisement on TV and the movie looks to be very 'Gothic' looking and the cinema filming looks very spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it had a touch of Gothic about it - I do like seeing things on the BIG screen .

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that you enjoyed the film Tony, especially with your discount and popcorn! Excellent caricature, very fitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I rarely go to the cinema - very few films that engage my interest - too many super heros and cartoons lately , but I enjoyed this one.

      Delete