Wednesday 29 November 2023

A bit of basing !

 


Have noticed that several of my fellow bloggers are busy basing/rebasing figures and this has encouraged me to base up the Lancers (.: Just when you thought it was safe to go back onto eBay. (tonystoysoldiers.blogspot.com) that have been waiting for bases for quite a while .- note to self - Hot Glue Guns when switched on produce VERY HOT glue !! (ouch) (Mrs K on hearing the swearing says "what have you done now !") Results to follow on next post.......

8 comments:

  1. That glue gun does look lethal Tony! I use Aleene's Tacky Glue to base my figures. It seems to work well and it's safer! Good luck and be careful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is brand new , my old one died months ago and this is the first time I've used it - it gets the glue VERY hot and much quicker .

      Delete
  2. They do make low temperature guns and glue (?)....I have one around here somewhere. But if I'm gluing dissimilar materials, such as metal to wood, I use epoxy glue. It's a little smelly, but easy to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the hot glue works (no pain, no gain.... but pain without gain sucks ).

    I got so frustrated with glued on Britain's cavalry falling off their bases mid-game, that I drilled small holes into 1 or 2 hooves on each horse and glued a bit of wire in like the pegs on Swoppet cavalry, then drilled holes in the bases and glued the pegs in. Worked great until I wanted to change the basing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's not a perfect solution, but they do need basing as they fall over with regular monotony,. Have seen a pin through the base and into the belly of the horse to hold them onto the base .

      Delete
  4. You've reminded me that if I'm in a restaurant (rare these days) and the waitress says, "Be careful not to touch the plate, it's really hot", for some reason I always have to touch it to check - sometimes while the waitress is watching me do it. Perhaps I am an idiot after all?

    ReplyDelete