Sunday 30 April 2023

Slaine , the 'Goodies'.


Several weeks ago whilst on holiday I came across a hobby shop and bought the above boxed game .(.: As rare as hens teeth. (tonystoysoldiers.blogspot.com) . It comes with eight figures and a few bits of terrain and I've been painting things up over the last few weeks .


The hero of the game - based on the 2000AD comics is 'Slaine' a mythical Conan type barbarian with an abundance of fighting skills - "kiss my axe"! . The figures are in the new Warlord resin and rather well detailed - I must admit I'm coming round to the use of figures in resin/ plastic.


Two of his allies - Ukko the Dwarf and Nest the trainee Druid, I must admit I've never read any of the 2000AD comics so all the background is new to me .


Who's this sinister chap interfering with the gaming dice !? , more to follow.........







 

8 comments:

  1. Nice work and they look decent miniatures, have seen a few folk not overly happy with the resin style figures but they look decent enough. Looking forward to seeing the rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think there have been issues with the early resin figures but these seem to have been sorted out now.

      Delete
  2. Interesting figures Tony, looking quite good with your excellent paint job! I especially like the huts, did they come with the game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are made by Sarrissa and you get a couple of wattle fences as well

      Delete
  3. A nice hybrid. I'm warming to the idea of adding a boxed game or two with a small fig count to the collection. Nice to see examples being realized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rules are fairly simple and the game has a low figures count (say under 12) and only uses a 3'x3' playing area.

      Delete
  4. My experience of Resin Miniatures was that I found them to be brittle, loads of flash, air holes etc- I continued and painted up two Hobbit Units- only to be dissatisfied and sold them away. Seems you having better luck Tony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes things have improved I think , the early ones where a bit naff !

      Delete