Saturday 22 April 2023

Excuses .


I'm afraid I haven't done much of late to warrant a blog posting , I've been busy playing Command & Colors - which although an excellent game isn't very photogenic , mainly paint figures for my wargaming colleague 'A' and doing various mundane real life jobs about the house and garden. However I did manage to get my two 'bird box' houses varnished and stained - the stainer has gone a bit 'funny' as it was forgotten about and left in the outhouse over winter and the frost has I think affected it - Hmm ! must remember in future ! . I also got an eBay figure painted , he will be the Commander of the 'East Point' Cadets I recently painted up (.: East Point Cadets on parade. (tonystoysoldiers.blogspot.com) and having cleared up the accumulated detritus from my tabletop hopefully will be appearing in a game soon. 

 

12 comments:

  1. 'Tis the season to be busy!! I am spending more time in the garden than painting plus household chores leave little time for my hobby, nice figure though he looks like he will be a very good Commander for your Cadets. Your stain may have got a bit of frost which can make it go a bit off, had that problem myself recently!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've 'chucked' it , the frost having got to it.

      Delete
  2. I like the look of the stain Tony, it has a weathered appearance to it! You have come up with the perfect Commander for the Cadets! He looks quite stern and will whip those young pups into shape in no time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he was a poorly painted 'West Point' Officer so I've given him a new paint job and coat of varnish.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. A simple figure but has a certain presence and the houses have turned out better than I thought they would.

      Delete
  4. Ooh err, the Commandant looks a bit grumpy - if I was a cadet I would be a bit worried about what he might be hiding behind his back?
    I know you called him 'Commander' but I thought 'Commandant' seemed more appropriate for cadets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Commandant is better - he hasn't been named yet I'm afraid.

      Delete
  5. The command figure and your cottage look good- it is alright to have a rest from doing hobby things- I've the next six weeks to cover with nothing much planned- except to write up some Airial Rules and box up some Master Figures ready for posting in June. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my painting time has been taken up painting for other people , but I'm catching up now.

      Delete
  6. Very nice short update and picture --and no excuses needed. Anyone who blogs or follows them understands the way that the balance between posting and doing other things can swing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do try to post at least once a week , but sometimes 'real life' intervenes .

      Delete