Wednesday 3 May 2023

Slaine , the 'Baddies'.


The 'Baddies' in the box comprise of a Druid priest and a 'Wyrd' stone and arch-enemy Slough Throt , strange but intriguing figures.


There are also three Skull Sword warriors here seen confronting Slaine.


If Slaine gets annoyed he loses it and goes berserk ! and you replace the normal model with an enraged Slaine who more or less doubles his fighting skills ! . I've had a couple of games and the rules are fairly simple , you have profile cards with the details of the models and activation is done by drawing chits from a bag to activate them , Heroes can be activated more than once and minions die easily , so games are short but dramatic . I've enjoyed painting these figures - so different from my usual 'Toy Soldiers' so may buy a few more to flesh the game out a bit .





 

10 comments:

  1. The "Baddies" look very nice figures, really like the Skull Sword warriors, I must admit I also like the idea of Slaine "losing it" and turning into a beserker, very interesting concept. A really nice little set, must put it on my "one day" list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I always find the villians more charismatic

      Delete
  2. I like the beardy dude and the warriors are very Death Dealer like. I have the Slaine comic books The Horned God which are excellent, but never bought any figures. I think some of the Celtos ones are available somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never read and of the comics I'm afraid , yes it is very similar to the Celtos range of figures.

      Delete
    2. Brigade Models (uk) stock the whole Celtos range, there are some great figures in the range.

      Delete
    3. Yes a lot of their figures are usable for this game I would say .

      Delete
  3. Nice figures Tony, I especially like the idea of two figures for Slaine! Kind of like the Hulk, normal and enraged! Have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've played several games with them and have enjyed painting them up.

      Delete