Sunday 13 December 2020

We reach 1000 miles !


Well on this rather damp and grey morning (dreich as the Scots would say) me and Charlie past our 1000th mile , I normally try and take a photo as we actually hit the target but this morning it was to windy and wet to take a photo on the summit so I had to wait till we found a more sheltered spot . There was nobody about so I had to balance the camera on a gate post and put on the timer - the first two attempts the camera blew over and I had to wedge it with stones to get it to stand up - hence the less than brilliant shot . I'm a bit later this year in finishing my 1000 miles having two walking holidays canceled due to Covid and the weather of late has been rubbish - as we get older neither me or the dog like the rain . I'm signing up for 'Walk a 1000 miles in 2021' and will see how many more miles I can get in this year before starting again .

 

16 comments:

  1. Well done! You have inspired me for 2021. I've been walking for 45-60 minutes most days since April this year, but not keeping track of the distance. I'm sure, though, that it is nothing like yours however. Congratulations!

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should sign up for 'Walk a 1000 miles in 2021' it's surprising how the miles add up , I find walking very therapeutic in these stressful times .

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The hat was purchased in the Outer Hebrides about 30 years ago - it has worn better than it's owner .

      Delete
  3. Bravo! Your walking record is an inspiration. In a few months, I'll be taking early retirement and will have the time to take to the hills more regularly (and not just in the wee hours before I go to work).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes retirement is a great bonus to walking - early retirement is brilliant !

      Delete
  4. That is a lot of Miles for sure there Tony - well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is but I've taken it slow and sure a bit everyday .

      Delete
  5. A fine achievement, congratulations. Great that you persevered with the photo under trying conditions. It has ended up looking quite natural, I reckon.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s some mileage even if you break it down! Takes an awful lot of time. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily the dog needs walking every day and we take holidays (Covid permitting) which involve walking so a bit at a time adds up .

      Delete
  7. Congratulations, Tony! Walking 1,000 miles is a long hike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think the average has to be 2.75 miles a day - some days I do more recently due to the weather - less .

      Delete