Wednesday 16 December 2020

54mm Real Estate.


I've been thinking I needed some more buildings for my 54mm games and bought these two from 'Warbases' they are for 28mm figures but I'm not to bothered about the size difference . I've just built them and given each a coat of gloss varnish . Think this is called a shed but I've added a chimney to make it a suitable dwelling for the shepherd Gabriel Oak , a hollow cast figure from my childhood who has been given a fresh coat of paint , the sheep are again from my old farm collection.


Slightly more ambitious is this - which is suitable for Firely church , I have resisted painting it to maintain the 'toy soldier' look . Mr and Mrs Pendergast are just leaving after viewing the fine Memorial Brasses and give a feel to the size . I need a suitable clerical figure to go with it , so will have to keep my eyes open on Ebay . 



 

10 comments:

  1. Smaller-scale buildings usually work better due to our mixed-up vertical and horizontal scales on a wargaming table. These seem no exception to me and look just perfect.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I once hade a go making a card building to 54mm/1:32nd scale and it was huge !

      Delete
  2. They look great Tony. Your old figures are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All creatures great and small not to mention buildings. These look terrific. My 54mm scale homemade card houses are huge, not to mention the church. These are a far more practical option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i will be able to use them with my 40mm ones as well .

      Delete
  4. Hi Tony- Good to see your childhood 54s and the new buildings- Are your Farm Figures 'Hollow Cast'? Good work there for sure. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of them are , from the 1950's (?) they belonged to an older cousin and they got passed down to me as a child .

      Delete
  5. Finally! I have searched high and low for someone posting commercial 28mm buildings with 54s, so I can get a sense of how it would look before I place an order. Thank you! They look great, as does your entire setup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words , the Warbase ones are a lot simpler to put together than many other manufacturers .

      Delete