Sunday 8 January 2023

New Year update.

 


I've been busy painting other peoples figures over Christmas but I've got these six figures cleaned up (the paint refuses to be cleaned off- God knows what it's made of !) . I'm going to behead them add 'pickelhaube and turn them into Teutonic Dragoons for 'Blue Army' . 


I'm also starting this years 1000 miles challenge , think this is my 6th year and It'll be interesting to see how successful I'll be - a lot depends on the weather - both me and the dog are not keen of walking in the rain and neither of us are getting any younger , however we'll give it a go ! . No big predictions on what I'm going to try and accomplish this year , I have one or to things that need finishing off and I don't have plans to buy lots of unpainted lead/plastic (Ha ha heard that before!) and in fact will probably selling some unused collection off I think , we will see what happens ......



12 comments:

  1. Good luck with your non plans for 2023 - selling off unused figures - sacrilege!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need the space and some of my figures haven't been touched for ages so I will have to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you success with the kilometres. I should beat myself into putting an app to measure my steps. This past year saw dismal reduction in walking once road reconstruction started and winter snows always cut in but I'm putting pressure on myself to start driving to some of the marvellous public walking trails and have a young girl coming up on her 2nd year who is keen to come with me. Needs a bit more training before I let her off lead outside the yard but even on lead we'll both enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel better for walking and ahaving a dog does help.

      Delete
  4. Beheading seems a little cruel especially when such plumes are quite de rigueur in the Teutonic fashions of the day - see plate at:
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8d/ec/67/8dec67bad1db717bce777d586f32b7b7.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm that might be the answer ! , thanks for the info.

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your 2023 plans Tony! I'm sure that you will have a great deal of success in your endeavors! I really like your blue unit and I think that they would look quite smart in picklehauben!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been so busy painting other peoples figures I haven't got around to my own, hopefully the weather will improve and I can get some miles in.

      Delete
  6. Good luck with the walking goal! Also, completely tangential to anything but I love that chicken behind the cavalry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a gift from a neighbour for supplying her with some eggs - we keep a few hens.

      Delete
  7. Good luck on making Plans for 2023- I try not to think of the whole year- just the next few weeks will do me.

    ReplyDelete