Tuesday 12 April 2022

Back to the painting again .


Having got the present round of decorating finished I'm starting to catch up on the backlog of painting projects . These poor chaps have been based and undercoated since before Christmas and patiently waiting in a box - their time has come ! 


They are of course  Zouaves for the French army I'm slowly amassing for my Italian War of Independence , I have chosen to give them the white summer uniform trousers - just to be different . The figures are Irregular 25mm - perhaps a little old fashioned but I do like them and they are easy to paint and of course Irregular are famed for their prompt mail order service .



 

15 comments:

  1. They are very nice indeed! I like the uniform and Irregular do have a lot of little gems buried in their catalogue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great. Agreed, Irregular are very efficient and thoroughly nice people too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a lot of good stuff , not to everyone's taste but I like them !

      Delete
  3. These have a splendid summery vibe to them, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work there Tony on your IRREGULAR Zouaves- yes, Irregular do have a great range in their 25mm as well as their other scales. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful unit Tony, wonderful paint job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to get painting figures again , rather than domestic structures .

      Delete
  6. Great work. I like Irregular...they seem to have carved out a little hobby niche for themselves with some pretty eclectic ranges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know they look a bit old fashioned next to modern figures but I think they have a style all of their own .

      Delete
  7. First 25mm I've done for a while - thank the lord Irregular are forgiving figures .

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look good to me and suitably chic for participation in an Italian themed conflict!

    ReplyDelete