Sunday 17 April 2022

Askaris of the Patio .


Here we see Mathew Brady Jr photographing the newly uniformed Askaris of the Patio , in the courtyard of  Fort Patiogonia .


They were originally painted in a blue uniform (rather badly I'm afraid - hence the paint striping) , but I thought their white Summer uniform looked better . They are solid re-casts of the old Britains Egyptian Infantryman .


A well known contemporary photograph of a unknown Askari Captain by Brady Jr. from the sadly out of print Almark 'The Great Patio War' pub. 1970 





 

9 comments:

  1. Nice work there Tony on your Askaris and photos- well done. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks , seeing it's a sunny day I thought I'd better get them photoed

      Delete
  2. Excellent work Tony! I love the inclusion of Mathew Brady Jr.! They look right at home in Fort Patagonia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sadly a lot of his photos were destroyed by accident (?) - a great loss to mankind .

      Delete
  3. Tony, a very interesting and colourful unit in the 54mm world.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very simple figures and colour scheme , but I like them a lot .

      Delete
  4. I just acquired, in a swap, a regiment of similar but marching figures I am about to partially repaint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice simple figures , some of my favorites .

      Delete