Wednesday 27 April 2022

A mixed bag .


Just got a parcel from a seller on EBay , I was able to get this rather cheaply as nobody else seemed it interested it . I mainly wanted it for the Royal Horse Artillery gunners and the useful gun , but as with a lot of these bits deals it is made up of some odds and sods figures . The headless Hussar (?) will repair I think, , unfortunately the Lifeguard standard bearer is to larger scale to match my other figures (65mm ?) , the two British Napoleonics will I'm afraid end up in the melting pot . The three central figures - two Highlanders and a Rifleman are about 40mm and nicely painted so will either end up in my 40mm collection or on display on my bookshelves . Rather a mixed bag but worth it for the RHA and gun which I plan to touch up and put in my 54mm 'Red Army' .

 

14 comments:

  1. A nice haul, especially the gun. Those Nap Brits look an awful lot like the 1/35 Esci plastic figures, I wonder if they are homecast copies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They could be homecast as they are very bendy - high lead content I think .

      Delete
  2. Very nice gun and crew Tony! I'm glad that you got a good deal on them! The two British Napoleonics are Esci plastic figure poses, strange that they are metal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the gun and crew are a good find , the Napoleonics must be some sort of homecast .

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes they will look nice with the paint touched up .

      Delete
  4. That is a good find Tony- the Gun is a classic- should fit in well with your 54mm Toy Soldiers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are heading for my 54mm collection , the gun needs it's wheels straightening first .

      Delete
  5. A nice bonus with the excellent RHA crew. It's always worth checking out those overlooked lots of odds and ends on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's easy to overlook them without careful scrutiny .

      Delete
  6. That gun and crew are very nice indeed, a good haul all round though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't know what you paid, Tony, but the three gunners (unpainted) are about £4.50 each, from the new supplier of Dorset Toy Soldiers. Some of those standing figures might be Whisky 'gifts', and they are quite nice as HQ sergeants, given higher bases. The gun looks like a Britains 1263, a generic model, and very useful. Have issued several to my American and Spanish armies c1900. Had to replace the towing hitch on two of mine, not difficult. I think these sorts of parcels are full of interest and potential! Thanks for the view.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a bargin , I think I've seen those Scottish figures before as part of a whiskey promotion and the gun although slightly damaged will repair I think .

      Delete