Monday 21 March 2022

Soldat Des Plomd Part 2

 A few posts ago I commented on a illustration from a French magazine (.: Soldat Des Plomb (tonystoysoldiers.blogspot.com) Whilst I was googling to find more information I found that there was a copy of the illustration for sale (only £10 - which I thought a bargain) - so I purchased it .



It is a page from L'Illustration a French magazine from about the turn of the 19th century .


Of equal interest is the reverse side , an article on Les Soldat de Plomb 




Here are a couple of closer shots , unfortunately my French is of the same level of 'Del Boy' Trotter* so I'm not up to a translation .


Here's the bottom section - if you click on them they will I hope enlarge . . I'm hoping to get the page into a picture frame  and hung on a wall (when our decorating progresses ).

*BBC TV series 'Only Fools and Horses' 










11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. OK, I'll try and write it up by tomorrow. Liberal summary rather than word by word unless the summary whets your appetite.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure this will look splendid in your toy soldier room Tony! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rather taken with it , I will get it framed soon .

      Delete
  3. On framing - I'm sure the 'Pound Shop' would have some suitable sized frames at a bargain price?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may have one that is suitable when I get around to it and I believe it did come cheap too .

      Delete
  4. The gamer looks suitably Gallic, with apron and gaulois (no doubt for making the fog of war).

    ReplyDelete