Thursday 17 March 2022

New recruits


I saw these figures on Ebay and put a tentative bid on them and rather forgot about them as I was not going to get into a 'biding war' over them . Much to my surprise I won them with my low bid of only £12 - nobody else seemed interested evidently , which is a bit odd as you hardly ever see Germanic/Prussian figures for sale .


They are 54mm solid cast figures and I'm afraid rather badly painted - so I'm going to have to strip the paint off them . Interestingly they are 3 different types , one with high boots (left) one marching straight base and one with the base at 45deg . Not sure who is the manufacturer - will have to check up in my books .



 

16 comments:

  1. That's a cracking wee win, they look lovely figures, they should paint up really well, look forward to seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great looking lot Tony! Very interesting about the different castings, but as a whole, they make an excellent unit! I look forward to seeing them after you give them their new paint jobs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually leave them in the original state but think these are modernish re-paints , so I'm going to clean the off .

      Delete
  3. Home castings, which I guess they are, are not worth a lot. The price is not unusual unless the figures were painted to model standard. However they are useful figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure who they are by , they have separate rifle arms though

      Delete
  4. A charming addition: always great when you drop a bid on ebay without much expectation and get the goods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do like winning like that on eBay , I won't get into a bidding war .

      Delete
  5. That is a bargain- 1GPB each roughly- solid cast too- well done Tony.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent new recruits. I look forward to seeing them in action…

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see these again after they've had the 'Tin Solder' treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, Tony. There is some useful potential in these figures, and getting rid of the old, thick paint will make it all the more easier. Personally, I wouldn't integrate the different figures, I prefer some units to all look the same. But I often like having detachments or independent companies in my games, and they only need to muster 4 or 6 figures, manning a house or border crossing in a scenario. Thats my take!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't see many Prussian types for sale , hope to get them cleaned up this week .

      Delete