Friday 30 April 2021

Forces are mustering .


First of all - evict Hugo from the photo shoot ! 


Colonele Danby parades two compamyes of musketeers of his Regimente of Foote on the College Green in Felpersham , he now awaits the arrival of a Companye of Pikemen to bolster his force ready for his march on Borchester to evict Royalist curs ! .


His Sergeante demonstrates 'The Postuers of a Musketeer' . There has been a bit of a hiccup in getting these figures table ready as my varnish went solid and I had to wait till I went into town to get a new one . (I have a theory that the makers of varnish like super glue producers make most of their money for their customers never using 100%  of the products before it goes hard) .





 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Tony- my guess is that you are using 'Yacht Varnish' - perhaps an idea is to de-cant some of the varnish into a smaller seallable container for immediate use with the main tin being sealed up - this may prevent air spoiling your fun. Your figures look terrific. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think the problem is that I'm constantly opening it and don't get a better seal when I shut it , I'm told turning it upside down when in storage helps .

      Delete
  2. You could add spray paint to that list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's true - those bloody nozzles always block up !

      Delete
  3. You are exactly right Tony, I've never been able to use a varnish or super glue completely before it gums up! I like Hugo, he looks just like George, my daughter's cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is not normally allowed in the wargaming room as he chews things - model trees , spears etc .,

      Delete
  4. Looking good. Add, almost any Games Workshop paint to the list too.

    ReplyDelete