Thursday 29 October 2020

A shiny new recruit .


I've got the renovated figure painted and gloss varnished and seeing it started as a very battered headless figure I'm pleased with the results . He will be joining the General Staff of  'Black' Army .


Whilst painting the figure up I noticed this stamp on the horse saddle cloth - 'ENGLISH' but I can't make out what it say underneath it ?  I'm busy casting up a few more infantry figures to boost the ranks of 'Black' Army ready for a game .



 

16 comments:

  1. An impressive commercial indeed Tony, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoever he was, he looks splendid now.

    A quick browse through Rose's book didn't id a line using Englush as a stamp but the figure and horse look alot like a Hanks mounted British infantry officer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to do a bit more searching , he has a sabretache so I was think a cavalry officer of some sort ?

      Delete
  3. Great work Tony, he looks splendid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully renovated; and so quickly too!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks splendid in all his glossy glory. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely finished Mounted Officer there Tony- good work!

    ReplyDelete