Sunday 7 October 2018

Prussian Fusilier Command .


Having got two of the three companies of the Prussian Fusilier Regiment Prinz Heinrich Von Prussia done I decided to do the Colour bearers and an Officer for the second in command . I have chosen to use the standard bearers with cast flags as with my other units , the only problem is with the more Prussian type figures they have the flags folded and you have to work out where the various bits of flag design go . After a couple of attempts I think I have got it right .


I had a discussion with my 'wargaming colleauge' 'A' about how I feel I don't play with my toys enough and so I said I will set up and play a game or games every week for the rest of the year (I'm lucky enough to have a gaming room so things can be left mid-game) . To record this I have added a side-bar to my blog in case they don't actually appear on the blog itself . 


8 comments:

  1. Good work on these command figures!

    As for gaming, a game a week sounds daunting. I would enjoy a game that often but just cannot find the time. I have a permanent gaming table too but still, I cannot find time to conduct many games. Perhaps this should be a New Year's resolution for me?

    I will be watching your "Game a Week" with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well being retired helps , but still find myself wasting gaming time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oddly enough, the year I decided to play a game a week even if I had to play solo, I ended up playing nearly 80 games instead, barely 1/3rd solo.

    Good job on the flags, I couldn't figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I play a lot of small solo games that go unrecorded , will keep a list next year of games played . Getting the flags right(ish) was a bit of a struggle.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's the coat of high gloss varnish that does it .

      Delete
  5. Nicely done Tony...
    I like the figures... what make are they?

    I remember reading an article by Roy Dilley... in Airfix magazine I think... where he used a piece of paper with the flag design drawn on it and folded it to match the cast flag he was painting... he then just copied what he could see.
    I have not tried it myself but it worked well for him.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Prince August home-casts from their 40mm moulds , clever idea about the flags will try and remember it when I next do some more.

      Delete