Saturday 13 October 2018

An Aside .


I do like plastic figures and am fascinated by the many sets that are out there , gone are the days of converting the 'Airfix' Guardsmen into the required army . A quick glance at the Plastic Soldier Review site* and you find everything you want is covered  . So when I saw this box of Etruscans I was intrigued - I've always been interested in them as they always seem to play second fiddle to the Romans . I thought 'how to use them ?' - I've been playing a bit of  'Songs Of Blades And Heroes' (SOBAH) using fantasy figures recently and think the rules are so easy that they can cover historical periods as well .


The figures are rather nice with very little flash (the bane of all plastics) and are produced by "Linear-A" a German company I believe , There are 30+ figures in the box and I cleaned up some of them and mounted them on pennies ready for spraying . I'm going to use SOBAH with about eight to a dozen figures a side for small skirmishes , cattle raids  etc and am rather looking forward to painting them - it's a while since I did any ancient figures so I put some up once I get them going . (click on photos to enlarge)
*http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/News.aspx

10 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing your project with these figures. As an aside l am currently enjoying a Middle Earth traveller too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had lots of fun with a few figures and SOBAH. I also look longingly at the various boxes of plastic figures in my local wargames shop. The Etruscans look like a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOBAH is so simple to play and you don't need many figures .

      Delete
  3. These Etruscans look very nice sculpts- you certainly do a good job of painting your plastics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They take a bit of tidying up but I do enjoy painting plastics .

      Delete
  4. I just popped in to say "Hi" :>).

    ReplyDelete