Wednesday 24 April 2024

Fighting with an addiction .

 


There has been not much "proper" wargaming over the last couple of weeks as I have been playing a series of games using various C&C boxed board games . Now I'm not by nature a boardgamer - I once lost the entire Army of North Virginia whilst playing a Gettysburg game against my wargaming colleague 'B' , but I am a great fan of the Command & Colours system which uses blocks instead of little card chits (SO less fiddly with my chunky fingers) . The problem (?) is once you have a game set up it is so easy to just set up the next scenario and play it . There is also a very good solo system which helps the games move on quickly .Sadly the games are not very photogenic from a blogging point of view - back to figure gaming in the near future .




12 comments:

  1. I am not a boardgamer but I find the Command and Colours titles very interesting, may have to have a dabble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like all the C&C titles, once you learn one you can easily play them all .

      Delete
  2. I have never played a wargame boardgame of that kind, except maybe POW, when I was a child and that involved shooting marbles from cannons over a cardboard castle wall! As an adult I played 'Risk' a couple of times.
    If there are no figures, preferably 54mm and some terrain I don't have a lot of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could always try taking a leaf from Max Foy's book and gaming C&C with figures. 6 or 10mm would make nice units if you use the board or you could use a hexed game mat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen some great C&C games played using figures, but having to paint all those tiny figures .......

      Delete
  4. I still have many of my favorite hex and counter games. I'd like to play them much more than I do--the gulf between mini gamer and board gamer seems to have widened and hardened somewhere along the line, though, and most of my gaming circle are in the mini camp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C&C is the only boardgame I play , because I can remember the rules.

      Delete
  5. I envy the variety of wargames that you enjoy Tony! You always keep it fresh, and I'm sure that you are never bored! Keep having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I play C&C I do tend to binge it , once set up I find it addictive.

      Delete
  6. I feel your pain......
    Both those titles have been added to my collection in the last year...
    Neil

    ReplyDelete