Tuesday 5 December 2023

Britains hollow-casts finally based up !

 


So I've finally got my 54mm Lancers based up , it's taken a while as I had to send for some more bases and various 'real life' issues have intervened . 


I drilled some depressions for the hooves to fit into and put a dab of Hot Glue into the hole and fixed the figures to the bases. I find you have to base these 54mm Britains hollow-casts otherwise they fall over and knock  the surrounding ones over domino like ! .


Here they are going on a Winter patrol overlooking the Great Patio where the vestiges of the last snow fall can bee seen .


I think the Trumpeters might be relegated to HQ duties and replaced with a couple of Officer figures ,  I  might have a cuple of Hollow-casts Cavalry figures that may be suitable .







12 comments:

  1. Lovely figures Tony - I agree with your idea regarding Officers, though the Trumpeters are perfect for a parade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They may be attached to the Commanding General for signaling purposes.

      Delete
  2. Splendid looking lads, basing has finished them off lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great Tony and Officer figures would make them look even better! I'm glad to see that others are having snow too, it is that time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The officer figures need repairing , so that is my next job.

      Delete
  4. The basing come up really well- good going Tony.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is the frontage of the bases? They are looking formidable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 50mm x 75mm , to make them nice and stable and so I could get all the hooves on the base .

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look wonderful- really like the bases! Well done! Best Wishes - Quinn

    ReplyDelete