Tuesday 16 May 2023

'Lloyd George knew my father'* (no not really he didn't)

 


Been on holiday in North Wales and one of our walks took us past the grave of Llyod George The Prime Minister 1916-22 (see -we can produce interesting politicians - rather than the bland cretins we have now) Here we see Mr and Mrs Walker viewing the grave .


Very nice memorial I was impressed , he was an interesting chap - with similar views on personal relationships as H G Wells. 


The walk followed the river upstream vey peaceful although a bit muddy in places.


The view through a hollow tree.


Mrs K and dog in the Bluebells - shortly after this he found something dead to roll on and my wife did not want to get as close to him again !.


Lloyd George peeps over the hedge , there was a museum dedicated to him , but I didn't visit it as - a) I had Mrs K with me (she has a low tolerance to museums) and b) it was shut.

*sung to the tune of 'Onward Christian Soldiers'











6 comments:

  1. Your father was probably lucky he didn't know DLG; if he did you might be DLG's love child or your father might've been entangled in some financial scandal and gone to gaol. To be honest I know little of DLG's career but if what I've heard is true he was about as fitted for office as Boris and the public never really voted him in as PM. IIRC it was a Tory-Liberal coalition that won the post-WW1 election and the Tories vastly outnumbered the Liberals - I guess the Tories liked having a leader who could make them look good by comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should have a read about DLG's role in WW1, and ponder how Britain would have got on without him? That would be a start, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm intrigued to know more of him , I wonder if any modern politician will warrant a museum ?

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures all Tony! It's great to see the Walkers again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather blessed us and I did remember to take a few shots of them .

      Delete