Tuesday 18 October 2022

What's in the box ?


The problem I've been having with my 54mm collection is storage, at the present they are stored in two draws in a writing desk. This is not very satisfactory as they are hard to access and becoming jumbled. So, on a visit to our local Asda, I found some plastic storage boxes - £11 for three - a bargain! Box one Red army cavalry, Commanders and gun crews. 


Box two Red army Infantry, Naval contingent, Cyclists and Commanders. These boxes will make choosing figures for games a lot easier.


Blue army in Box three, Cavalry, Infantry and Commanders - Hmm! I could do with a few more Heavy Cavalry for this army. (Click on photo to enlarge).


At this point I realised I was short of boxes! luckily, I found one which we had used for camping equipment/utensils etc.so this has the overflow of Blue armies Infantry and various odds and sods. I must admit I'm rather pleased with myself organising not being one of my strong points. These boxes are a great idea which will enhance my gaming as I can pick and choose units much easier now I can see them properly. I must celebrate with a game using these figures! 













 

16 comments:

  1. That works. I also use old kitchen and loungeroom glass cabinets so they are also on display. I buy these at garage sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to have a sort out and re-organisation...the plastic storage boxes are a great aid- and the right price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent solution Tony! A great size with the added benefit of being able to see the contents! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boxes are the way to go, I have a number off them and find them invaluable, so much easy to find certain figures etc. Your 54mm collection looks great when you see them in their collective armies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit shocked- alarmed to see how much stuff I had! now I can see them all.

      Delete
  5. Ah, the other side of the hobby--storage and management of toys. Looks like a good solution for large scale figs. Too bad it never quite works out where each army fits in one box (or couple of boxes). There's always that "overflow/leftover" box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was hoping they would all fit into the three boxes, never mind the fourth will allow for any further expansions.

      Delete
  6. Excellent find and a great price! Storage boxes always seem to cost quite a bit more than I'd imagine. My ongoing struggle is to find a box tall enough for 54mm cavalry /figures swinging weapons overhead but not so enormously tall that I'm mostly storing air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, suitable boxes for taller miniatures are a problem.

      Delete
  7. Storage for protection and easy access is not a minor matter. Great that you have found a suitable solution. Looking forward to seeing photos of the inspired game!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete