Wednesday 26 October 2022

The Olde Gods.


Well, this terrain piece has resurfaced! I keep finding it hidden in the dark recesses under the table. I haven't the foggiest idea where or when it was purchased? I think it might date back from when I purchased my Foundry Bronze Age armies back in 2001 (?), back then Foundry did some cracking army deals - buy one get the second half price! (It was a different world then) so I took advantage of the deal and bought 2 European Bronze Age armies. These have been painted up years ago but never seen much tabletop action I'm afraid. So, I thought I'd paint it up - I added a few suitable shields as trophies/offerings.


It only took me about half an hour to get it done (mainly dry brushing) and here it is in a suitable setting with some of my figures. I think it portrays Cernunous the Horned God of the forest - having got it on the table I think I should set up a game involving it. (Click on photos to enlarge)



 

14 comments:

  1. Be a shame not to set up a game with that wonderful bit of terrain. Be interested in seeing what comes of this, I think the Foundry Bronze age is a very underrated range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece.... and yes, that Bronze Age range is excellent. I think Foundry have lost the plot a bit with pricing...even taking into account recent rises in metal cost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great piece Tony and it looks perfect with your figures! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would make a great objective. It could also add to the bravado or powers of units and characters, in proximity, whose god it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I reckon that piece is an "Old-ye" but "Good-ye".Nice group of figs to set it off, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great piece and I'm glad I finally got it done after all these years.

      Delete
  6. Always had a bit of an inkling to do Bronze Age armies....I am not sure why? They look great, as does the terrain piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed painting them and am pleased to finally get that terrain piece done.

      Delete