Tuesday 13 September 2022

Setting the (2D-ish) scene .


When I start a new project I do like to add scenery that suitable and sets spirit of the place , to this end I have been making up various bits of 2D-ish terrain for the 'toy soldier' look I tend to go for . I've been looking on eBay amongst the various MDF shapes and found the above , I've cut some in two and glued them to give stability and fixed them to suitable bases . The two members of the Republic de los Cocos are to give a sense of scale . I hope to get some of these painted up soon ready for the tabletop.

 

12 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see them painted up - there's nothing like a bit of 2D scenery for that 'toy solder' effect. I recently bought a number of Irregular Miniatures explosions (large and small) and painted them up for use as markers - they look so much better than counters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've got some of those explosions as well - very good !

      Delete
  2. The 2D scenery works really well for the "toy soldier" style, looking forward to seeing the painted results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent pieces Tony, they'll match perfectly with the pieces you found in your neighbor's skip! I look forward to your first "Nacho Battle!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , hope to get them all onto the tabletop soon .

      Delete
  4. They work a treat Tony…
    I look forward to seeing them painted.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to finish painting them soon , glad you like them .

      Delete
  5. Really like that 2d-ish village/house. Reminds me a little of Morschauser's use of 2d buildings along the grid lines to conserve space on the table. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd forgotten about that gridded game - some subconscious thinking maybe ?.

      Delete
  6. I really like 2D bushes and trees for some battles - mainly if I class them as 'toy soldier' rather than 'model' battles - they can be very effective.

    ReplyDelete