Friday 2 September 2022

2D (ish) terrain for Nacho Wars .


So I've been fiddling about with the idea of 2D terrain for my O.S. type figures , two doors down the chap there is doing his house up and a skip is a almost permanent feature outside his property , the other week I had a nose in it (I always look in skips for some discarded treasure) and noticed some sheets of thin MDF , upon enquiry I found they were unwanted packaging and I could have them - so pleased as Punch I took them home and started cutting them up .


Here is one of the finished rough ground/mountain pieces - very symbolic - with some Nuevo Rico infantry for scale . I may have to repaint the base when I can find my table paint .


Here a Republic del los Cocos HMG takes cover in the mountainous terrain .


Here the Nuevo Rico High Command are having a Staff Meeting in the pleasant surroundings of this mountain chalet/hotel . I hope to get some more of these done to grace my O.S. games .







 

14 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea Tony! Now that's what I call recycling with a purpose! They look beautiful and furnish the figures with great cover! The HMG is excellent too! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always good being able to repurpose scrap for wargaming terrain. The 2D style suits the toy soldier look well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the uniform color schemes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on some scrap MDF, they really look the part, works well with the figures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Copplestone figures really come to life with your paint jobs - I really don't need this sort of temptation but I just can't look away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very nice , I only did a 'toy soldier' paint job .

      Delete
  6. Totally agree with all previous comments, good use of someone else's scrap mdf and the 2D profile is exactly the look that goes with the "toy soldier" style you are aiming for.

    ReplyDelete