Saturday 27 November 2021

Odd find .


Whilst on my way to have my Covid booster jab I looked into a 'antique' shop, (well more full of house clearance junk) I've bought the odd Del Prado figure from them and there was a box of plastic Airfix WW2 figures which I wasn't interested in but amongst them was the above figure - very gungily painted . I bought her cheaply and popped her into my jam jar of 'Dettol' to strip the paint off . I should have taken a photo before I did this . 


Here she is stripped of paint and the whiff of 'Dettol' about her . Her arm came off once freed of paint but has been glued in place . Think she is some sort of Yeomanary Vivandiere as she wears boots with spurs . I can't find any markings on her and as she's a solid casting think she is probably a modern re-cast .I hope to get her painted this week and I must keep my eyes open for a horse for her .

 

 

11 comments:

  1. Tony, what an unusual casting, fun to see if someone identifies the original portrayal, and how you decide to use it. I recently picked up a broken 54mm figure of an officer in a regimental dinner jacket. He is now a Grand Budapest Hotel lift attendant (lol).
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He obviously got cashiered ! , been looking through 'Sarum' toy soldiers for the figure but no joy yet .

      Delete
  2. She vaguely reminds me of a nurse figure I've seen before, perhaps Dorset? Very interesting and nice find Tony!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very similar posture , will have a look at Dorset toy soldiers

      Delete
  3. Fascinating figure, looking forward to seeing her painted and identified.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Seems to have braiding on the jacket - similar to a Hussar ?

      Delete
  5. FANY First Aid Nursing Yeomanry either Dorset Soldiers type new metal or Errol John. Studios ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry that should be John Eden still trading just not doing painted figure sets. http://johnedenstudios.com/page48.htm

    https://manoftinblog.wordpress.com/2018/06/01/old-britains-never-die-article-from-an-old-mil-mod-manual/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah ! I knew somebody would know , thanks for that !

    ReplyDelete