Sunday 31 January 2021

A return to the Rogan Josh Valley



I was sorting through my rules when I came across my copy of 'The Sword And The Flame' and I thought - "it's ages since I played a game of TSATF" ! . So I've set a game up set in the N.W. Frontier here we see the the British commander General (creepy)Crawley in consultation with Capt. McCloud - the 'lang lad' - being about 35mm tall and towering over his Old Glory 28mm men .


The Highlanders bring their Maxim gun into action - the pile of pennies track the ammunition supply . 


The Indian Brigade move forward , Sikhs on the right - Guides on the left .


Their Commander Capt. 'Bobs' Roberts , an old Foundry Crimean War figure I think .



The opposition - Pathan Tribesmen a mixture of Old Glory and Foundry . I'm finding it a bit odd handling 28mm figures seeing I've been playing with 40mm and 54mm figures over the last six months 


Afghan Tribal cavalry and some Regulars await the onslaught , Foundry figures .


A birds eye view from the Afghan held heights, the British forces in the distance and tribesmen lying in ambush in the treeline .


Muhamud Khan the Afghan leader harangues his troops from the roof top ., a personality figure made by 'Askari Miniature' I think ? . I'm looking forward to playing through this game and will post the edited highlights .

















 

 

9 comments:

  1. Is that the 3rd Foot and Mouth the famous ‘Devils in Skirts’.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an epic instalment of the Great Game is about to take place - looking forward to reading the report in The Times

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's over 12 months since I last played TSATF so it's due a re-visit .

      Delete
  3. Great looking game, set just around the corner from Tradgardistan I believe. If you fancy adding more I would fully recommend the Perry plastic Afghans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do believe some of the tribesmen may have slipped across the border , was looking at the Perrys Afghans - very nice .

      Delete
  4. Looks great so far!

    That tall lad doesn't happen to have come from the redoubt Sudan range by any chance? I bought a few of their sailors to go with my Frontier and RAFM Sudan forces and they could look over the helmets of their mates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be , he was found in a box of bits and pieces I don't remember buying him .

      Delete
  5. Meghalaya Board Syllabus 2021 Syllabus is important for all classes as it helps you to get an overview of the course. Download and refer to it to know the concepts and topics covered. It may also give some idea MBOSE 10th Class Books about the marks weightage based on the chapter or unit. Here, you can access the class wise Meghalaya Board Syllabus. It communicates important information and details about the particular course.

    ReplyDelete