Friday 29 January 2021

Fruits of the brush .

 


Just finished  painting the two cavalry figures , here is the 'Blue Army' General Graf von Zepppelin , I'm a bit short of mounted officers for this army so he is a welcome addition to their forces.


Here is the 'Red Army' officer Col. Campbell a veteran of the 'Great Patio War' where his 'Narrow Crimson line'  held back the 'Blue Army' cavalry at a crucial moment ., it his hoped he maintains his martial prowess on the tabletop. I am in the process of adding names to all my officers as I have a habit of forgetting them -. 



15 comments:

  1. They both look splendid!

    I keep thinking that I need to lable my officers, just soon as I've finished...this....and...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real people should have name tags as well - I'm terrible at remembering names .

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks I do enjoy painting these 54mm figures - much easier han 28's or heaven forbid 15's .

      Delete
  3. Splendid work there Tony- These look like they are fresh out of the Britains Paint Shop- well done indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work, Mr Zeppelin looks particularly spiffing. I have name labels on the bases of all my Napoleonic generals so in the confusion of melee there are no doubts who's who!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a tendency to give Generals names and then forget who is who !

      Delete
  5. Excellent paint jobs on two wonderfully nostalgic figures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work Tony. And I like the name tabs, have been thinking about doing the same for some of my New York National Guard battalions, keep forgetting their regimental number....... fear it could be age related.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have fictitious names for mine that I keep forgetting .

      Delete
  7. I say, they look splendid. Especially the dastardly Graf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy painting 54mm - fear it will soil me for painting anything smaller .

      Delete