Thursday 5 November 2020

A bit of progress .


I've got the figures I cast up undercoated and ready for painting .


You can have Regimental mascots with AGW rules and this three legged dog (nicknamed 'Tripod') has been sat on my painting tray for years , it's an old hollow cast model so I added the missing leg with a pin and 'green stuff' and mounted him on a base .


The finished figures nice and shiny with their new gloss coat of varnish . I painted the dog up as 'Lassie' so he/she can take his place as a mascot on the tabletop  (if I remember rightly 'Lassie' was meant to be a girl but was actually played by a male dog in the TV series) . Getting into the swing of things now with my 54mm and have a game playing at the moment which I will be blogging about next .





 

12 comments:

  1. Looking good Tony...
    I like the dog... if I added a mascot to a unit it would probably be a goose... mainly because I’m a bit daft 😂

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent progress Tony. If I add a mascot it will probably be a penguin...because I'm exotically daft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your understatement. I saw 'a bit of progress', scrolled to the undercoated figures and thought that this would be a post about making a start then, ta-da, the finished figures!
    They look great and, like everyone, I love Lassie!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They paint up very quickly - no shading or anything , getting the dots for eyes is the most difficult - cross eyed soldiers !

      Delete
  4. Nice paint job there on the troops and mascot. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bright varnish hides a multitude of sins .

      Delete
  5. These have a great Britain's new metal / Deetail shiny toy soldier look, Tony.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are painting up really well. On of my National Guard units had a greyhound mascot which it used to parade with in the St Patrick’s day parades in New York. You’ve given me an idea...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like what your doing with your US National Guards , I'm glad to have found a use for the dog model .

      Delete