Friday 14 August 2020

Painting an escapee .


Searching in my 'wargaming draw of shame' for something the other day and at the bottom of the draw I found the above ancient flat figure . A few months ago I purchased some barbarian type figures from a Ebay seller in Germany for my Hyboria collection  and the box when it arrived was deposited into the draw of shame and he must have tumbled out into the chaos of the  draw . I  took this to be a sign from the Gods of Wargaming to get him painted , he had a basic paint job with no shading at all so I've repainted him from scratch and added some dramatic shading which I think you need to make flat figures look right . He will be an Officer/Standard Bearer for my next unit of Cimmerian's which he has inspired me to start painting up ready to be commanded by Conan (hopefully if you click on the photo it will enlarge)

8 comments:

  1. He turned out nicely with the shading, which I agree all flats need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Think I might have added a bit more to this figure to help define things .

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks , it's totally different than doing 3D , takes a bit of getting your head around it .

      Delete
  3. He looks very nice Tony...
    I have a couple of boxes of unpainted Napoleonic and Ancients flats sitting in a drawer... I have painted a few up as presents for friends in the past but I would probably have to rethink my painting style to paint up a couple of armies...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a bit since I did one myself - had to relearn the painting style .

      Delete
  4. Nicely done.

    Being seen is a miniature's version of being a squeaky wheel.

    ReplyDelete