The strange thing is I've found that over the last week I've been so busy with gardening and domesticity that I've got very little painting done. I have got various bits of basing done and cleaned up and glued various models but today was the first time I've actually sat down and painted anything. I wanted to expand my Mexican Cavalry for my Tex-Mex Sharp Practise games , so I'm in the process of painting up another 6 Dragoons . The problem is trying to match them up to the existing ones which were painted about 10 years ago - the new on the left , the existing one on the right . Of course my matt black spray can ran out as soon as I started trying to undercoat them so I had to finish them off by hand . I've always liked the Mexican army uniforms which contrast with the civilian dress of the Texians .