Saturday 28 March 2020

Change of pace .


Having cleared the table of the last game I wanted to do something quick and simple so I set up a Napoleonic C&C game . I'm working my way through the base game which is the Peninsular war and this is Corunna , not as visually pleasing as O.S. toy soldiers but I'm busy outside in the garden because the weather is nice and I can play the odd move now and again .


I'm hacking the back hedge down to half size to make it easier to cut without needing steps and the present flock of chickens don't seem inclined to try and fly over it . The problem is it's quite hard going and I'm having to chop it up very small so it will fit in the recycling wheelie bin and now due the crisis the 'green' bin collection has been cancelled so I'm wondering if I can burn the rest without annoying the neighbours ? .


The present flock , they have just started laying again - they like the nice weather as much as us . They are incredibly untidy creatures and if let loose in a garden will wreak havoc , I've been throwing all the weeds and grass into their run as I'm tidying the garden and they love scratching about in it - but scatter it everywhere . 



6 comments:

  1. Do like your Chook Run- very good to have your own eggs- and Chooks are good company too. My Uncle had Free Range Chooks - as youngsters then back in the 1960s we'd find eggs all over the place in the oddest of places too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes last year one of our found it's way into next doors garden and started laying there .

      Delete
  2. I was minding my neighbours flock for a week last year and had to repeatedly practice my old crawling under barbed wire skills in order to retrieve one of the girls with a lust for greener pastures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had bantams before this lot and they seemed bent on escape all the time .

      Delete
  3. It's great to see the sun again!

    ReplyDelete