Sunday 26 January 2020

EBay finds .


Just got these three moulds through the post , I managed to get them for a tenner as nobody else seemed interested . They are 40mm Franco - Prussian War figures, I'm not sure of the manufacturer but suspect probably German, they are a French Chasseur a Pied , A Saxon Jaeger and a Bavarian Infantryman . Castings from these moulds will be appearing on the tabletop in the near future .

P.S. Just found the gas bottle for the old camping stove I use for casting is empty ! - 'Blast' ! 

10 comments:

  1. These molds were made by a German company called SCAD. You can still find them occasionally at Berliner Zinnfiguren on their casting flea market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info , will be keeping my eyes open for more .

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing some of these cast and painted up. Two of these moulds were part of a lot of aounr 8 moulds I bought off ebay around 2004 but never received though the seller swore he had shipped them. Ones that got away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward myself to trying these out , they have been used before (a good sign) as somebody has cut air channels in them .

      Delete
  3. They look interesting...
    I look forward to seeing some hot lead.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully get some done this week when I can get a new gas refill .

      Delete
  4. Here's a link:

    http://www.zinn-blei-soldaten.de/epages/78465314.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/78465314/Categories/Scad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tony- I had a few Prince August Molds in my time- in 54mm...and also made my own molds too...had a lot fun casting over the decades- it is always great when things turn out full and proper. Good Fortune there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes some days casting works - some days it doesn't , looking forward to using them .

      Delete