Monday 8 July 2019

First fruit of the Motherlode .


I thought I'd better have a go at painting some flats as I've not done a lot of them before and one of the first things that came out of the box of flats I got of eBay was a Roman catapult . So I based it up gave it a black undercoat and had a go at painting it . Above and below is the finished article , varnished and the base given a simple sand and paint job . I'm pleased with it as a first effort, I added a bit of shading but kept it to a quick wargaming paint job . It will be recruited into the Hyrkanian army as a heavy war engine . Revamping and rebasing of the painted figures is going on apace and photos will appear soon .



8 comments:

  1. A good looking unit and a great find on eBay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was lucky to spot them and am pleased I've managed to paint it up okay .

      Delete
  2. That looks great. Keep ‘em coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting through them slowly but surely , more pics to follow .

      Delete