Thursday 11 April 2019

A New "Gentleman's War" unit .


Since I've started using my 40mm Balkans war Imaginations armies for 'A Gentleman's War' I have been touching up chipped paint and a bit of re-varnishing also reorganising my figures into units of 12 infantry and 6 cavalry - thank the lord they are on single bases so no need to re-base them ! . I have had these figures in storage for quite a while, they were bought off eBay cheaply (nobody else bid for them) and they will now swell my mounted arm . They are quite old , semi-flats cast in lead (very heavy) and just under 40mm , I'm not sure of the maker (?) .


Somebody had painted them but I thought I would black undercoat them and re-paint in new uniforms . They are British Lifeguard/ Dragoon type figures but I'm going to paint them in an imaginary uniform so that they can be drafted into any of my Balkans armies to maximise their usefulness . 


8 comments:

  1. Very nice. I look forward to seeing them painted and glossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking through various uniform books for inspiration .

      Delete
  2. They are splendid figures,l look forward to seeing them painted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These may have com from a home casting mold. Westphalia made down-sized silicon rubber copies of 24 of the Schneider molds. This one was a copy of Schneider #1, Gardereiter, a mounted officer for the Guard infantry. You can find these molds from time-to-time on eBay or in the Berlin Zinnfiguren flea market section.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the information , I have noticed they appear on eBay regularly .

      Delete
  4. Here are the troops that go with your officer.

    https://www.ebay.de/itm/Zinnfiguren-zum-Selbstgiesen-Zinn-Westfalische-Zinnfiguren-Manufaktur-OVP/202646265788?hash=item2f2ea89fbc:g:vS4AAOSwpPNcp51y

    ReplyDelete