Sunday 31 March 2019

The Fleischhacker .




These are my newly finished Prussian Hussar Regt. Nr6 von Wechmar nicknamed the 'Capuchins' or as I will be referring to them from now on, the marvellous - 'Fleishhackers' or the butchers because brown was the colour of the guild of butchers . 


I enjoyed painting them , it's rather a different colour scheme - even though I had to buy a new yellow from Games Workshop , the young man serving on (I'm getting to the age when I can use that phrase) asked - "what are you painting at the moment ? " and looked a bit nonplussed when I replied "40mm home cast Hussars".


14 comments:

  1. The Brown and Yellow go together rather well. They are nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they work well always struggle with yellow paint .

      Delete
  2. Lovely and shiny... my GW bod has given up asking what I am painting, but to give him his due he does have an understanding of toy soldiers outside the Warhammer world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think my chap has any idea of non- GW gaming .

      Delete
  3. Nicely done. I'm surprised how well the officer chap fits in. That "french" hussar casting always seemed much larger than the Prussians to me .but I don't think I ever mixed one in once painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a bit 'thicker' as well I think .

      Delete
    2. Getting the trumpet to touch his mouth was a task and a half .

      Delete