Saturday 23 March 2019

40mm Hussars .


As a change from 20mm plastic Jacobites I've been painting up my next regiment for my SYW-ish project . They are the Prussian Hussar Regiment Wechmar .


They were nicknamed 'Capuchins' or the 'Fleishhakers'  as brown was the colour of the guild of butchers.





I've got a half of them done and thought I would get them varnished .


I think I will have to invest in another tin of varnish as this one has died .


I have also cast up a couple of figures for an officer and trumpeter - I will have to cut off the trumpet from the musician figure and fit it onto the Hussar as there isn't a Hussar trumpeter . I will post better photos when I get them finished.





6 comments:

  1. A lovely choice of unit Tony...
    The brown should come up nicely... once it’s varnished... ;-)

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it needs a coat of varnish to make it 'pop' !

      Delete
  2. Lovely work.... I don't think I have ever used up a tin of varnish before it sets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think if you were varnishing a boat you might , figures however lucky to get half a tin used .

      Delete