Tuesday 25 September 2018

The Mother Of All Re-Basing .


Now I hate re-basing , I've mention this several times before - but sometimes 'a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do'.  My 30mm Spencer Smith SYW figures have been languishing in their boxes for too long , they hardly get used and I've decided that my 40mm home cast Syw-ish collection scratches my single figure based battles itch . So I'm going to re base them ! , a mass of MDF bases have been purchased  and here is the first unit glued up . I'm turning my large forty plus regiments into two smaller battalions each of twenty figures on five bases these can be used for 'Test of Honour' and 'Black Powder' and put back together for 'big battalion' games . I will report on progress …….

6 comments:

  1. Multiple figure bases over single figures every time for me. I think you could have gotten six figures on each of your bases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes probably could , will paint the bases and see how they look , very much a test run .

      Delete
  2. Well done for biting the bullet ,l look forward to seeing your progress with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been thinking of doing this for a while but kept putting it off .

      Delete
  3. I certainly feel your pain having finally completed a similar project here about a year ago. Very happy I did so, but not exactly the most exciting painting/modelling project I ever completed.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not so bad once you get started , I've got a production line going and doing enough to play a small scenario , so there is something to aim at .

      Delete