Thursday 20 September 2018

Something Old - Something New .


Not wargaming related at all , but the reason for a halt in figure production - we have a new hen house . It came as a flat pack (very quickly - ordered and delivered in three days !) and proudly boasted it slotted together in twenty minutes ! - well I've heard these sort of boasts before - BUT to my great surprise I got it together in under the allotted time - even with the dog helping ! 


The old coup awaiting being turned into fire wood . It has done very well but it would not have seen another winter through and because of the good summer weather is infested with Red Mite - the bane of the hen keepers life and has taken constant cleaning to keep them at bay (unsuccessfully ).


The new one being plastic is easier to keep clean , I plan to raise it up on some brickwork when I get some sand and cement and clean up some of my existing bricks , then their food can be put out of the weather underneath it . Sorry for the rather scraggly hen - she's in moult and not looking her best - I'm hoping she and her fellows take to it and go to bed without a fuss tonight - now back to toy soldiers !.



6 comments:

  1. That is a very impressive Hen House - a very good use of modular plastic construction...the hens will be very comfortable. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes very impressed with it - not cheap but will last longer than wood .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you mean "thanks to the help of my dog"? Nice looking coop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he has his own way of helping which involves running off with tools, instructions etc .

      Delete
  4. It looks like a Playmobil barn... and very sturdy and comfy. I'm sure your feathered friends will be happy with it. Can you drop me a link to where you got it? Our hens may need rehousing soon as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is surprisingly sturdy , will email you details .

      Delete