Saturday 20 January 2018

An Experiment .

One of my Christmas presents was a set of tube acrylic paints , when I first swapped for enamel paints - which must be thirty odd years ago - I used tube paints as they were the only thing I could get , settling on Liquitex as my brand of choice . I then moved onto Games Workshop and Vallejo as they became more readily available , which are ideal for painting masses of figures and Vallejo do camouflage ranges for modern figures . However I do like mixing pints for highlighting and shading and have had mixed results with Vallejo using a 'wet palette' - some shades go a bit 'funny' , so when I saw this modest set I thought I would give them another go .


I have painted up these three Japanese bandits using my new tube paints and enjoyed the experience , plus they last well on a 'wet palette' . I don't think I would use tube paint for painting massed rank and file when I would do six figures at a time , but for individuals they work well . The figures are by  'Warlord' from their 'Test of Honour' range and are some of the nicest figures I've seen for a while. 



4 comments:

  1. Wow, good work.... not tried a wet palette myself, but seems to work well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you get into the way they work they are a brilliant way of painting .

      Delete
  2. Liquitex was my go to from the mid 70's to the late 80's when I switched to Ceramcoat for cost and convenience.

    These figures look great! Looking at them gives me that itch to look for a set like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will stick to Vallejo for the 'big battalions' as it's easier, but like the finish and blending of these paints. Warlord do some nice figures , these are full of character.

      Delete