Another of my old model cars has been returned to me , I must admit I don't remember owning this one .
It's a Maserati and I think rather cute .
I did a bit more investigating and found this from a old Dinky catalogue , there where six original models so I need to track down the other three .
Going with this vibe I think - not sure about "Chicago's 5 ACRES OF SIN" or the "SECRET SEX SOCIETIES"
Perhaps this is more wholesome - gallant chaps pushing their cars to victory !





Ah yes, the so-called "sweat" magazines from the mid-century (last): I think I'd take them in place of the inescapable assault on decency coming at us from all directions nowadays.
ReplyDeleteYes I suspect the actual articles were bland - once you had been tempted into buying them from the news stand.
DeleteIndeed: mid-century "click bait" :)
DeleteGood selling point .
DeleteClassy design. I think I had the light green one, a hand down from someone in my father's family.
ReplyDeleteA lot of my toys were handed down to me from elder cousins .
DeleteSuper, lovely looking car and would be well worth tracking them all down, they look so "classic" really stylish.
ReplyDeleteClassic era of car racing I think.
DeleteI had one of these , long since gone. Lovely toy.
ReplyDeleteI had forgotten where they went - it was a long time ago.
DeleteThere seem to be quite a few of the Dinky cars on eBay in varying condition. Tony, with your painting skills, I'm sure that you could find them cheaply and paint them up good as new!
ReplyDeleteYes I'e zeroed in on some of them !
Delete