The other day my neice called around to drop off some books she thought I might like as she is slowly sorting out my late brother-in-law's belongings and she gave me these ! - they had orignally belonged to me about 60 years ago and had been past down to my nephew, who now living abroad didn't want them ! . Ah ! the waves of nostalgia ! I remember having quite a collection of these - I don't think I got them from new but past down from my older cousins .
An Alfa-Romeo and a Ferrari , they have seen better days , but being about 70 years old they have worn better than me ! , the one on the right seems to have newer tyres on it !? - I wonder if that was my brother -in-law repairing it ? . Filled with enthusiasm I implored my neice to search to see if the rest are still about .
I did a bit of Googling and found this a gift set from the 1950's I don't remember a box and having as many but I think I would like to try and collect the set . The idividual cars do appear on eBay in various degrees of wear and refurbishment and prices , watch this space.......
PS Could you make a car racing game for these ????



I used to have the Alfa Romeo in Green, can't remember what the number was. Destroyed long ago when my Mum used to let other people play with my toys after I'd left home (had no-one to store anything on the early days).
ReplyDeleteThe was an old Formula One game:
https://onlineshop.oxfam.org.uk/waddingtons-house-of-games-vintage-formula-1-game/product/HD_304107742?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&pscid=ps_ggl_OOS+-+Performance+Max+-+ROAS+-+Priority_&crm_event_code=20REUWWS08&gclsrc=aw.ds&gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=22415378121&gclid=Cj0KCQjwv4XUBhDBARIsAE6bQUQUI8bV1xvO5cMzr-v994U1d8CTWHTvlp-sYPoLNRDXaiKYq34otTgaAufNEALw_wcB&sku=HD_304107742
Mine had 'dashboards like this one:
https://www.google.com/imgres?q=formula%20one%20vintage%20board%20game&imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Ftomsk3000.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2022%2F12%2F221211_Formula-1_04_lres.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Ftomsk3000.com%2Fproduct%2F1962-1st-ed-formula-1-motor-car-racing-board-game-by-waddingtons-england%2F&docid=Dpf8GfwoaZFmNM&tbnid=8wNKHzS6xYJJJM&vet=12ahUKEwi3wqXgraWWAxUzV0EAHUPJBtEQnPAOegQIdBAA..i&w=1999&h=2097&hcb=2&ved=2ahUKEwi3wqXgraWWAxUzV0EAHUPJBtEQnPAOegQIdBAA
As a child I had a piece of hardboard (may have been an old railway track board) with a hand draw circuit on it , but don't think I had any rules for it. I will investigate further.
ReplyDelete