Wednesday 7 June 2023

A bit of whimsy.

 


Had these couple of figures for a while, bought cheaply as the little old man has a missing arm and both have damaged paint jobs. So I  have decided to try and repair him . I found an old Prince August arm to replace his missing one .


I drilled a hole through the shoulder of the arm , cut a notch in the elbow and CAREFULLY bent it to a right angle and glued it to the body . I'm going to immerse them in Detol overnight to strip off the old paint which is very badly damaged . I'll post again when they're cleaned up and ready for a re-paint.



14 comments:

  1. That arm looks great Tony! The bench is perfect, did it come with them? I can't wait to see how your wonderful painting brings them back to life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The arm should look okay once it's painted, yes the bench came with them.

      Delete
  2. Nice repair, they should look great when repainted. A whimsical couple for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice figures Tony and the Apple Green bench is just perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are full of character and the bench sets them off well.

      Delete
  4. I'm sure you'll do a fine job of painting the seated couple- nice replacement of the arm- works well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why but looking at the figures all I could think of was painting the object in her right hand as a cheese sandwich that she's handing him... I'm clearly losing my grip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will see what it looks like when it's stripped of paint.

      Delete
  6. They will look splendid once given a new lick if paint.

    ReplyDelete