Saturday 22 May 2021

New recruits and a distraction.


Whilst looking at another blog I found that Del Prado did a couple of suitable mounted figures that would do for my 54mm ECW  collection . On the left  'Prince Rupert' and the right 'Gustav Adolphus' they are a bit chunkier than the plastic figures (probably 1/32nd scale rather than 1/35th  ?) but being pre-painted and quite cheap I can live with that . They will need a bit of tarting up and a gloss varnish before gracing the tabletop .


Speaking of the tabletop people may be awaiting the promised ECW  clash , I had to take the game down whist repairing my table , then I was away on holiday and when I came back I found this awaiting me , I had pre-ordered it and rather forgotten when it was due . I'm a great fan of Command & Colors and admire how they can use the same basic system with a few extra rules and tweaks to produce a totally different game play . I've always been interested in Samurai warfare ever since seeing my first Kurosawa film and having played a couple of the scenarios it looks a very promising game , the ECW will appear shortly .........



 

2 comments:

  1. Great finds. I used those 2 in my ECW project but had to repair the sword on Gustavus. Try eBay France for useful figures by Mokarex which were given away free with coffee. Soldiers, courtly ladies and civilians.

    ReplyDelete