Wednesday 10 February 2021

Off at a slight tangent .


I bought four of these figures about 5 years ago and they have been busy marching across my bookshelves awaiting reinforcements  , I have managed to pick up another two, so building a small detachment for AGW.


The two outer figures are the new ones - a slightly different paint job . They are Britains hollow cast Russian Infantry , initially brought out after the Russo/Japanese War and luckily I'm fairly lenient with my composition of 'ArmyBlue' so they will be joining their ranks as a small detachment of Jaegers .


The face of a veteran , I've just based them and will not be touching their paint jobs or the bumps and scratches they have accumulated over their service .





 

10 comments:

  1. Great fellows. Will fight well I am certain.
    I have some recasts that I use to fight my Maple Leaf Country forces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes will be using recasts if I want to expand this unit .

      Delete
  2. A very nice addition. They seem to have come through their previous service in very good shape. They must either have been crack soldiers or they were hiding out somewhere. We'll see when they come into action on your tabletop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have some paint loss but not to bad , somebody has looked after them .

      Delete
  3. A really good find! They look great for their age and will do quite well in future battles I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was lucky , got the original 4 from an Antiques/junk shop many years ago .

      Delete
  4. I like them, and a Prussian-Russian alliance is perfectly viable in our 54mm World.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete