Friday 4 September 2020

Return to The Lord of the Rings


Several years ago I sold off my Lord of the Rings collection and re-invested the monies in other wargaming projects , however I won the above rules rather cheaply on eBay and inspired I thought I would have another go at it using some of the cheap plastic figures you can get second hand on eBay . (I need to wash my tea mug out as well !)


However the first two models are metal and are King Durin and his bodyguard Mardin armed with his trusty troll spear . It's nice to get back into painting fantasy figures for a change rather than uniformed rank and file , plastic goblins next I think .


12 comments:

  1. It is a good game Tony and it does not need many little mans to get a good game. By the way you may have been right about my exercise biking, I have been laid up with a bad back for nearly a fortnight.
    Regards,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes played LOTR's a lot in the past and am enjoying painting the figures . Exercise bikes are the work of Beelzebub !

      Delete
  2. Funnily enough I just started re-reading LOTR. I’m looking at the maps thinking ‘ECW style’ campaign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I re-read it at the beginning of the year and started me thinking .....

      Delete
  3. I don't know those rules Tony - are they Games Workshop?
    The Dwarves look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes GW and remarkably simple for them , The figures are a different style from their normal fantasy ones - more 'lifelike' .

      Delete
  4. Odd how we rid ourselves of previous collections only to return to it some years later. Enjoy your LOTR Tony. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are gluttons for punishment , but I do like painting figures (luckily) .

      Delete
  5. Good rules, and there are a plethora of cheap alternative figures available..not least the 1/72 Dark Alliance offerings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was looking at those Dark Alliance stuff also lots of cheap GW plastics going cheap on eBay .

      Delete
  6. Always had a soft spot for LOTW. Played a lot with pre-painted clix base figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was really into it when the films first came out , but always been a fan of Tolkien.

      Delete