Sunday 12 July 2020

Reinforcements for SPQR .


Been busy gluing up and painting more Gauls for my SPQR project , I must admit I like putting together plastic figures - not everyone's idea of fun but I used to make a lot of plastic kits in my childhood and so it's a form of regression perhaps . These are Warlord 28mm plastics , think I've cracked the shield transfers - trim them back to the actual design and cut out the shield boss using a scalpel . 


Men with no clothes on ! , as somebody who can't cross the landing in bear feet going to the loo without stubbing my toe this is not for me - then there's nettles and thistles .


Gallic archers ,  again Warlord resin figures .


Tribal slingers , I always find slingers boring , don't think these are the best figures out there but I needed some . If you click on the photos this should enlarge them (new blogger permitting) 





12 comments:

  1. Great work on these figures Tony - they're a fierce looking bunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warlord have done a great job with their resin models .

      Delete
  2. Nice paint job. I haven't checked out Resin figures yet but my mate Kev just did some hobbits and he seems happy with this new medium. Cheers Greg (Delta Coy Blog)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think the resins vary from company to company , I don't mind them .

      Delete
  3. Looking good Tony...
    The Celts were clearly mad... “ I am going to charge madly at these heavily armoured soldiers who are armed with pointy sticks and razor sharp swords....Naked “ 😱

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice going there Tony- like your Gallic Archers- very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must admit the slingers always got bumped off first in my Airfix battles as a child... I suspect it is an underrated weapon. These look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the Ancient version of the 'mine detector' plastic toy soldier .

      Delete
  6. They look great.

    There is a lot to be said for plastic.

    ReplyDelete