Monday 20 July 2020

A garden interlude .


Having got the final 6 figures painted and glossed, I took advantage of the temporary  absence of cats and dog to photograph the completed force of cavalry in the back garden .


The Lancers of the Sublime Porte , the figures are of course Irregular 40mm and the mounted officer is from their Deutsch Homage range . This painting session has got me itching to get them on the table for a rousing game of 'A Gentleman's War' .


On a side note this corner of the back garden is referred to as the 'Roman Corner' (well only by me actually) . The statue is in fact a resin reproduction purchased many years ago from Carlisle museum and weathered up nicely outside , the alter is something I carved from a block of sandstone whilst at work when I should have probably been doing something more productive work wise for the (ungrateful) public . 



11 comments:

  1. Hi Tony- Nice to get outside for a bit of a Cavalry Display- be nice to see a Table Battle with the Irregular 40mm Figures. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think larger scale figures look good out doors .

      Delete
  2. The Lancers look great Tony. I do like Roman Corner; a man's garden is his own private Kingdom, and all that..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I confess I had to cut back things to get the photos .

      Delete
  3. Love the lancers Tony and I fancied doing a classical ruin area in our garden many years ago, but I wasn't allowed to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must admit I have a love-hate relationship with the garden , it's a battle sometimes .

      Delete
  4. G'Day Tony, Nice Lancers - the larger scale figures look great outdoors. Cheers Greg (Delta Coy Blog)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes 28mm seem to get a bit lost in the great outdoors .

      Delete
  5. I have to select a time when there is an absence of animals .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splendid looking fellows...
    I look forward to seeing them in action...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I never do well with cavalry and always seem to get them killed off quickly , I hope this unit might be luckier .

      Delete