Thursday 9 May 2019

The Essential Boy Scout


One of the figures you need for a 'cameo' appearance in A Gentleman's War is a Boy Scout ! , made famous for his role in 'Little Wars' by H G Wells . I had the 'train spotters ' set from Stadden and decided to use one of them for this purpose. I carefully sawed off his cranium, drilled a hole and glued in a pin to form his Scout hat .


I glued a circle of card to the head to form the brim and built up the crown using 'green stuff' and  then glued him onto a base .


The finished article complete with rosy cheeks and black dots for eyes- ready to assist on the tabletop battlefields .



14 comments:

  1. Love it/him...
    I think the last time we used my scout he gave a bonus in movement to the unit he was with... due to his field craft...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine has just lead a unit into a swamp and abandoned them there to help a old lady across the road .

      Delete
  2. Great conversion there Tony. Yes, a little Boy Scout is just the ideal thing for a H.G.Wells style of Old School game. Is the figure 40mm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice conversion Tony and lovely painting. Those grey socks remind me of school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I remember those and the problems keeping them up !

      Delete
  4. Dib Dib Dib. I think we used to have elastic garters with green tabs on to keep the socks up. Wonderful conversion and painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I remember those , to work properly they had to cut the circulation off to the lower leg :-)

    ReplyDelete