Monday 18 February 2019

The Earl Of Loudoun's Regiment Of Foote.


Have made a start on the Government forces to oppose my Jacobites . This is the Earl Of Loudoun's Regt. (64th) , there were only three weak companies at Prestonpans left guarding the baggage train but I have decided to paint up a full size unit of six bases .


The figures are from the Redbox Highland Infantry box and I think they are rather nice .


Here are the command base the flag was a nightmare to get right , there is some dispute on the colour of the regimental facings - either white or light buff - I went for buff . I'm painting up the first of the British foot next .



17 comments:

  1. Ooh they are nice! Where did you get your uniform source from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From this Blog https://rodwargaming.wordpress.com/2017/11/27/43rd-foot-and-64th-foot/ and the Osprey Cumberland's Army.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done an excellent job on these figures- superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plastic is a bit harder to paint than metal I think , but I'm pleased with these .

      Delete
  4. Very impressive, Tony.
    Best regards
    WM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. 20mm is a bit fiddlier than 28mm but not so bad once you get going .

      Delete
  6. Red Box do some rather nice figures , pity they didn't seem to finish off their '45' range.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks enjoying this project now I have got my head around tartans

      Delete
  8. They look rather tasty...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice aren't they , 1/72nd figure designers seem to get their body scales right - no large hands and heads .

      Delete